A DJ died after drinking home made poppy tea using a recipe he found online, an inquest heard.
Paul Dalling, 27, brewed the deadly concoction using poppy seeds, thinking he would produce a “pleasant” drowsy effect.
But Mr Dalling drank a pint of the tea causing his central nervous system to shut down, killing him.
It was, to all intents and purposes, an opium overdose.
It’s the same damn thing that happens when a terminal cancer patient is given that just a bit too much morphine or heroin to ease the pain.
Coroner Mark Layton said: “Drinking poppy tea is potentially fatal. “It is impossible to gauge the dosage as the strength varies from plant to plant.”
Yup, rather the reason that we’d like to have all this stuff legal and dose controlled.