Once again gay people, single women, the non-monogamous, the kinky, and many other people whose sexuality does not conform to the heterosexual, child-producing marital bedroom, will be forced to articulate their right to sexual freedom. For many adults, merely having sex, and being sexual, will become a political act. Welcome to the year of assertive sexuality.
98% of the human race just doesn’t give a damn who you have sex with nor how. The other 2% are morons of course.
However, there is a more general complaint out here. Which is that you do indeed make your preferred method of rubbing uglies into a political act. And no, really, we just don’t care whether the preference is for playing the pink oboe or rug munching, upside down from a trapeze or while wearing a squirrel suit.
We really, really, don’t care. Good luck to you, have fun and all that, but could you stop with this insistence that your preference is a political act? It ain’t.
It’s a sexual preference of no greater import than my stirrings for redheads or her over there’s to be ravished by someone dressed as a liberal.
It’s all tremendous fun, it’s a basic driving urge of humans and it’s also intensely personal, not a societal and thus not a political matter.
By all means get on with your preferred method of getting flushed and sticky. But it’s got absolutely bugger all to do with the public square now, has it? It’s a bedroom matter, not something to be done in front of the horses for fear of frightening them.