The drug that caused a mass overdose among nine backpackers who were taken to hospital in Perth has been identified as a common prescription drug called hyoscine, which is used to treat travel sickness.
The group of backpackers, aged 21 to 25, thought they were snorting cocaine on Tuesday night but suffered violent reactions, with three put in intensive care in induced comas.
The group reportedly included young people from France, Germany, Italy and Morocco.
Just another example of why legalisation is such a good idea. Tooting will happen – why not make sure it doesn’t kill people?