Billionaire James Stunt has claimed that he was the victim of Britain’s biggest ever burglary with £90million of cash and valuables stolen from his house.
Petra Ecclestone’s ex-husband has told police that the Belgravia property, where he moved in December, had been ‘cleaned out’ by thieves while he slept.
The 36-year-old reported the theft on December 14 shortly after taking up residence in the home but police are still hunting the burglars.
Cash was taken from the house along with gold and diamond jewellery, according to The Sun on Sunday.
It was reported that Stunt, whose six-year-marriage to Ecclestone ended last year, had not yet installed CCTV cameras in the luxury home.
‘He is devastated by the loss. It’s a lot of money even for him – though luckily he’s insured’, a source told the newspaper.
I just can’t put my finger on it, just can’t quite spot what slightly jars about this story, making me ponder whether I believe it or not.
And if that’s my reaction what will be that of the insurance company’s loss adjuster?
But to lay down a market for the future. It’s going to be really, really, fun to see whether that claim gets paid out upon. Is there any manner of checking such things? I guess there isn’t, no public register of claims paid etc. But if it isn’t then I can imagine m’learned friends getting involved, which would be public.
On the other hand, a theft which wasn’t insured against would be a neat explanation for why there’s no money other than his wife’s. Not that that could possibly be the real situation of course.