Oh, right

It did continue. For a bit:

Richard Murphy says:
August 20 2019 at 10:20 am
The UK has reasonable residence rules now: I have to say that as I helped shape them

We simply do not need domicile to be fair to those arriving or temporary residents : tho0se issues are covered without alternation being required

There is no base cost to entry for people now and there would not be from the change

Laurence Parry says:
August 20 2019 at 10:34 am
I also helped draft the residence rules (apart from the split year treatment, which is rubbish)

Richard Murphy says:
August 20 2019 at 11:02 am
I do not recall your involvement

James says:
August 20 2019 at 11:30 am
Really Richard?

You helped shape the non-dom rules?

I can’t find any mention of you in the formulation of non-dom rules at all. All I can find is you saying repeatedly that they should be changed.

So if you helped write the rules, why did you do such a bad job of it?

Richard Murphy says:
August 20 2019 at 1:29 pm
I helped write the current U.K. residency rules

A slight difference there

James says:
August 20 2019 at 2:31 pm
I can’t find any record of you writing the residency rules, or indeed being involved in that process at all either.

Other than writing a few blogs about it anyway. I can check the House of Commons library if needed.

Could you point us to where you say you had so much input? Because I can’t find any record of you at all in this process.

Richard Murphy says:
August 20 2019 at 3:08 pm
You clearly do not know how advisory teams work

And that is also your last comment here because you are a troll

9 comments on “Oh, right

1. So, to resume…

Capt. Potato: “I created the universe”

God: “Oh, I thought that was me”

Capt. P.: “I don’t recall your involvement and anyway you are a neo-liberal construct”.

God: “Well that’s a novel point of view”

Capt. P.: “You are clearly a troll. You’re time here is over”.

God: “Don’t tempt me…”

2. On his EU thread, it seems our liberal professor is having a hard time understanding people’s motivations that he doesn’t understand. So their will should be ignored.

Prepare for banishments in 3, 2 …

3. You clearly do not know how advisory teams work

And that is also your last comment here because you are a troll

Lol, discovered, exposed, so bans.

4. I helped shape the current unimplemented Parliamentary boundaries in Yorkshire. I attended public enquiries and gave a presentation, so I “advised” in Spud’s terms. However, the documentation actually contains my contribution and actually contains my name.

Ditto the 2019, 2016, 2004 local council boundaries, and the 2010 Parliamentary boundaries (map nerd!). Plus, my published documented contributions have been cited by other people. Surely, as an academic, Spud knows *that’s* the only way you can be recognised as having contributed to something.

5. I have had a couple of online arguments with Jess Phillips MP where she has claimed to have personally written various Acts of Parliament. It strikes me as a variant on Godwins law. They are flagging themselves as feeble minded.

6. I’ll keep that one in my armoury for next time I’m bluffing beyond my expertise.

Along with “that would be an ecumenical matter” and “but it’s the will of the people!”