Independence in personal life is very important. But a person in love often blurs the line between themselves and their partner, as a result of which the relationship between a man and a woman ceases to be harmonious. Do many people wonder what can be done to ensure that the relationship is long and happy? Do not forget about the importance of maintaining personal space.
- Which couples will have no problems with personal space?
Those where both partners do not support the stereotype that beloved hearts should always do everything together and honor their right for personal space. But, more importantly, they respect the partner’s desires and fully trust them. They know that wherever their partner goes without them, they will remain faithful and will never cheat. And trust in relationships is paramount. Indeed, in families with no trust, jealousy arises. Jealousy, in turn, leads to constant conflict and such a marriage cannot be saved.
- Benefits of saving personal space
Love will get stronger. There are frequent cases when people make a kind of idol out of a loved one, trying to constantly devote all their time and attention only to this person. The partner often becomes uncomfortable in the assigned role and tries to distance from the partner, while those who have feelings for them are tormented by round-the-clock thoughts about these feelings.
To prevent such destructive relationships, it is important to respect the personal space of the lover, as well as to find time separate interests and activities. Those who remember this feel much easier and freer in their relationships.
Self-improvement. If your world does not revolve around one person, then you will always find free time for yourself. These hours can be spent not only on TV shows or films but also to good use. For example, try to study foreign languages, create, or just do your favorite activity. Having your interests will help you not only to diversify communication with a partner but also feel more confident.
Stress resistance. A person for whom the preservation of personal space is a familiar quality is more resistant to stress, which is especially important in a modern rhythm of life. In this case, any problems and obstacles in your personal life will no longer seem intimidating. This will only happen if the partner pays special attention to one aspect of life, for example, the relationship between a man and a woman. Therefore, it is important to remember harmony in everything and to direct your attention not only to your loved one.
The pain of loss does not make life senseless. If you treat your loved one as the center of the universe, then breaking the relationship will be especially painful. It is important to always remember your own life, your goals and values, and not “dissolve” in your partner while preserving yourself. In this case, a possible parting with them will not deprive you of plans for the future.
- Now let’s move on from words to deeds and see what a person needs to do to maintain personal space for their partner:
1. Understand that if you invade your partner’s personal space, and they are silent, this does not always mean that they are happy with everything. An invasion of personal space is a time bomb that will explode at the very moment when you least expect it.
2. Think about what you want too. Maybe you too feel restricted by your partner sometimes and the problem of total control is common for both of you. Then you should discuss possible ways of expanding the limits of what you should and will be doing on your own and not only allow your partner more but receive a kind of freedom yourself. This will make the process only pleasant, and the chances that your partner will agree for such changes will grow.
3. Get your life busy doing something interesting and new. There should be other interests other than love and relationships in your routine; stop thinking about new places to visit or things to do with your loved one. Maybe there are some activities you were refusing because your loved one is not interested in them, and you felt an obligation to do everything together. Now it’s time for all those guilty pleasures, explain to your partner that you now want to go shopping alone, watch the film only you are interested in or even travel to a relative in another city on your own.
4. Stop trying to control. It has become a habit for you to ask your partner how was their day if they are not willing to tell themselves, wonder about their plans, or even read the phone when they are in the shower. Try to step into their shoes, and you will see this is not pleasant. Every time you want to cross their personal space, stop and ensure yourself that you love and trust your person without checking every step.