Indeed, The Ever Blessed and Fragrant Margot Wallstrom tells us how the world works:
– EU enlargement has been the most important factor to maintain peace and stability in Europe – a fact that is sometimes overlooked
This fact is sometimes overlooked because it is of course complete bollocks. The guarnator of peace and stability in Europe has been for a humber of decades NATO: something which, much as Federasts hate to admit it, includes the Americans, and worse for said federasts only has any power precisely because of the membership of the Americans.
– the EU has to use all its policies in a more coordinated way to enhance security globally : trade, environment, migration etc
Trade and environment have bugger all to do with security. Migration might….but do remember that the estimates of, say. climate change driven migration are for a couple of hundred million people. Over a large number of decades. This is about the same as current annual international migration. Yes, international, and the climate change migration will be intra as well as inter national. Oh, and when we count these numbers we count internal EU migration as intra national. It just ain\’t gonna be a problem folks as we already deal with vastly more now.
– there is a gender issue when it comes to defining security : women are too often not consulted in conflict areas around the world
We don\’t actually want to "consult" women about security: nor do we want to consult men. What we want is someone willing to do voilence on our behalf so that we may sleep abed at night.
– today´s security threats include for example climate change and pandemics
These are not security threats. Climate change is best thought of as an economic problem. Let\’s start with the thought that we all agree with the IPCC. OK, now what we want to do is change people\’s behaviour. That\’s an economic problem, how to create the correct incentives for them to do so. Security? No, we\’re not going to solve climate change by hiring either more policemen nor more soldiers. Pandemics are a public health problem, not a security one.
– the EU budget has to be reformed in order to better reflect the political priorities
Indeed, the political priorities being that we should be in the EU, in fact, the EU shouldn\’t exist whether or not we are in it. The reform should therefore be its abolition.
So how did a woman so at odds with reality end up getting 225,000 € a year of our money?