Even then he’s still getting it wrong

Richard Murphy says:
October 1 2017 at 9:05 am
If you’re plating pedant (and like many, that’s all you can do) that argument can be made.

But it’s entirely appropriate to say in response that all things are relative and and money has no value barring its relationship with other goods. It is wholly apparent that the decrease I referred to was the declining value of money required to purchase a fixed amount of other goods.

But you’d rather ignore the issue and play semantics instead. Now why might that be?

No, it’s the declining amount of money because the value is increasing relative to those other goods.

Sheesh.

15 thoughts on “Even then he’s still getting it wrong”

1. Professor Muprhy is turning convential (neo liberal) economic dogma on its head. Surelt a Nobel Prize can’t be too far off?

2. A sad day, it seems Dr. Keith has gone to the auto-delete in the sky as having taken the piss out of Ritchie for 18 months without him noticing, he’s finally twigged. I can see why Murphy Richards gave up, as the stupid cunt can’t see it when you take the piss.

Andy Crow might want to get Ritchie to do the anagram (I was a bit pissed so that’s why the name changes!)

Don’t worry Spud, the campaign continues!

3. Oh no, it seems I have to apologise to Richard.

After years of calling him a hypocrite for his tax dodging Trivial Pursuit adventures and other things, it seems he is a man of his word.

Having declared that charity is bad, and all funds should be paid to the state to distribute, he is living by his word and allowing his unemployed, former radio DJ twin brother to beg for a cheap B&B and security job on twitter while he himself builds an extension to his 4 bedroom (assumed wifeless) Ely home. Good on you Richard for sticking to your principles and not helping him out with your own money! After all, we can’t all rely on family can we?

4. @John²

My guess is that he was groping his way towards “prating pedant”.

This is a new word in the poet-professor’s lexicon. I suspect that one of his deleted commenters suggested he was prating and he nicked the word because it sounds poetic and forceful given the right context.

The toxic old tuber
    Would never use Uber
    And continues to hammer on
    The iniquities of Amazon.

5. It really is quite astonishing that someone who would probably fail GCSE economics is allowed anywhere near students.

6. Bloke in Costa Rica

“Being pendantic” ≠ “using terminology correctly”. This is a meta-argument I’ve had any number of times during an actual argument with people who seem to regard using a word in its normally-agreed sense as being somehow irrelevant to the truth of an assertion. If you say black is white and I insist that it is, in point of fact, black, then I’m not being pendantic.

7. @Noel Scoper, October 1, 2017 at 12:29 pm

Some Dr. Keith Crainshraw highlights

Dr. Keith Crainshraw says: September 21 2017 at 11:13 am

I support unionised airlines too. I fly BA, it costs a fortune but at least I know the unions have been well entrenched for a long time and effectively control the airline which gives rise to the higher costs to welcomely pay for them. Budget airlines starting from scratch were able to clamp down on staff perks and salaries from day one in a way flag carriers couldn’t.

How did spudda miss that? imho Dr Keith was becoming bored & trying to goad spudda into banning him.

Dr. Keith Crainshraw says: June 29 2017 at 10:12 am

Nothing against Wales, but you should treat the wife and kids to something long haul, relaxing but also exciting, relaxing or educational (even on the political side!). The Far East is good for that, try touring Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, Myanmar. 2 weeks out of the year no-one will be begrudge you and it’s enlightening.

Richard Murphy says: June 29 2017 at 10:41 am

I can think of nothing worse!

Give me some steam trains, good walks and the Irish Sea

The boys agree

Dr. Keith Crainshraw says: September 19 2017 at 1:16 pm

“Thank you for your further email of 15 September. Professor Murphy is entitled to his own view, but we at the Bank think differently about QE.”

Richard, you should be furious at this. You didn’t mention this sentence in your blog for some reason, but basically the BoE have said you are wrong, should sod off and be ignored and they are the ones that know what’s right. I hope you will engage with them directly and correct them on their misunderstanding.

Richard Murphy says: September 19 2017 at 1:44 pm

I very strongly suspect they read this blog

Andy Crow says: September 19 2017 at 1:57 pm

Perhaps where the trolls come from!

Peter Smith says: September 19 2017 at 2:42 pm

Keith
    Why are you sometimes Crainshaw and others Crainshraw
    And I’m sure you know of your hero status on the Worst of all blog.

The end of Dr. Keith Crainshraw

Dr. Keith Crainshraw says: October 1 2017 at 11:07 am

I don’t know why they won’t listen. You predicted recession every year from 2008 so I hope they listen or soon you will be predicted right as always.

Richard Murphy says: October 1 2017 at 11:25 am

I thought you were trolling….

Andy Crow says: October 1 2017 at 11:51 am

This is the man who isn’t sure how to spell his own name…. remember?

Richard Murphy says: October 1 2017 at 12:14 pm

I do

He won’t be appearing again

8. basically the BoE have said you are wrong, should sod off and be ignored and they are the ones that know what’s right. I hope you will engage with them directly and correct them on their misunderstanding.

Richard Murphy says:
    September 19 2017 at 1:44 pm
    I very strongly suspect they read this blog

Jesus.

9. I very strongly suspect they read this blog

Well why not? Everyone needs a laugh now and again, even Mark Carney.