It’s going to be fascinating seeing the answers here, isn’t it?
In reply to Richard’s question to Vinnie about an MMT/economics primer, I’d love to have a small book (or perhaps some online format) with the following chapters/questions, that I can give/send to people I know:
– Why everything you thought you knew about economics is wrong
– Why we don’t need austerity
– Why the government does not need to balance the budget
– Why we can’t afford the rich
– How we save money by not destroying the planet
– Why the government can never be short of money
– Why most economists are wrong
– Why most newspapers and news programmes are wrong about economics
– Why we need not fear hyperinflation
– Why we can and should have zero unemployment
– Why there is no National Debt
– Who stands to gain from the way economics is presented today?
– Why nobody tells you any of this
– Why the market is rarely right
– Why privatization often puts prices up
Other things I’m not sure about:
– Why we don’t need the stock market
– Why we don’t need private banks
Anyone think that any of the Tre Professori would get even one of those right?